Check the list of current upcoming workshops, conferences and continuing education events on our main page by clicking here.
Looking for Continuing Education Credits, but funds are limited? Check these sites out:
- www.ahceducation.com offering 12 months of video streaming online continuing education for US $159.00 or SLPs can choose to purchase one course at a time
- Speechbite: a website created in partnership between The University of Australia and Speech Pathology Australia, designed to provide access to Best Interventions and Treatment Efficacy (bite) across the scope of Speech Language Pathology practice.
- Therapy BC website for upcoming events and telehealth information: http://www.therapybc.ca/
- CASLPA online Learning: http://www.caslpa.ca/english/events/onlinelearn.asp
- Develop skills in Clinical Supervision by taking a UBC SLP or AUDI student for a placement (8 CE credits) www.audiospeech.ubc.ca (click on Clinical Faculty)
- Learn more about Clinical Education and teaching skills by completing self-led modules (each hour of self study is 1 CE): www.practiceeducation.ca (click on eTips)
- Clinician’s view for online courses, seminars and clinical resources: https://www.clinicians-view.com/
- Linguisystems resources – online courses, DVDs for groups: http://www.linguisystems.com/ceu_intro.php
- SpeechPathology.com provides a variety of e -learning opportunities – on line courses and articles: http://www.speechpathology.com/total-access
- AudiologyOnline offers many free online courses: http://www.audiologyonline.com
- Special Education Technology British Columbia Learning Centre. Wide range of resource materials and webcasts on wide range of topics including Autism and AAC: http://www.setbc.org/lcindexer/default.aspx
- UBC Library - Subject Resources for Audiology and Speech Sciences: http://toby.library.ubc.ca/subjects/subjpage1.cfm?id=39
- E-library Support binder of resources, forms and policies related to delivery of pediatric therapy services across BC.
- Free live and recorded online courses provided by Mayer-Johnson on autism, visual supports, and Boardmaker: http://ca.mayer-johnson.com/education/default.aspx
Note: BCASLPA is not endorsing any of these options, but members report that they have found them useful in developing or maintaining their ongoing learning.
Please help to keep this list current. Send information on useful online resources to Kate Wishart.