Greater numbers = greater power.
Like other health professions, issues often arise that could impact speech and hearing health professionals and the work they do.
As the only official association representing speech and hearing professions in BC, we develop practice standards and guidelines, promote the speech and hearing professions, and actively work with government and the health sector on key issues affecting our members and their professions by:
- addressing issues concerning the future of speech-language pathology and audiology
- lobbying the provincial government and other policymakers on key issues that affect our members, and people with communication disorders
- advocating for services for the communicatively impaired
- supporting consumer advocacy efforts
- promoting the speech and hearing health professions to the public and other health care professionals
- working with other health care professionals on issues of common concern
Through the Pan-Canadian Alliance of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Associations, our members have a greater voice with even more impact. Each participating province has a vote and directly influences strategic priorities for all Canadian speech-language pathologists and audiologists.